I’m Maria Burke, a user experience designer currently improving the lives of everyone in construction at Procore.
I live in Austin, TX, mosty because I hate cold weather.
Some random facts about me, in no particular order:
- I have a great sense of humor (or at least I think so, I crack myself up all the time)
- I’m obsessed with the color teal
- I judge typefaces by the lower case “a” and “g”.
- I love to stay active — at various points in my life I’ve been a dancer, gymnast, soccer player, runner, yogi, hiker, and weightlifter.
- I’m obsessed with pizza — specifically Italian-style pizza — and even have a special pizza oven that gets up to 900°F.
- I love traveling and learning about different cultures’ way of seeing the world
- My spirit animal is a lizard
- My life philosophy is “go messy or go hungry” (if you’ve ever seen my kitchen after I’ve made something, you know), and sometimes I write about food, travel, and women’s health on a blog of the same name.